since end of April ago, I've had submitted the ethical approval form and today I got back the comments and it need some clarification and justification....actually this approval is required by my university and I'm still curios of the implementation of this ethical approval...but I do take safe way...just follow my sv's word(actually after I arose to her last December about this ethical approval)..if not..maybe it would be delay more..ermmm...now...this morning I got the email from ethical approval person and ask to make the following comments....
- I found the Rationale insufficient, in relation to justifying the
study and proposed methods.
- As far as I can see, the applicant proposes to use an on-line survey
and face-to-face semi-structured Interviews, plus respondent Blogs.???????????????????????
- I think we need much more detail on desired/estimated sample size
(irrespective of the Snowballing method);
- I think we need to see an outline of the kind of questions planned. I
am not sure how the prospective sample for the on-line survey is to be
identified and accessed.
- The answer to the DP (data protection) question is surely wrong, and
must be amended.
- The Consent form reads more like an Abstract for a paper or even a
summary of the PhD proposal: it must be re-written in lay people's
language to clearly explain the purposes of the research, and include
mention of the use of findings (PhD thesis plus journal/conference
papers) and the possibility of withdrawal form the face-to-face
hard or not just go through..and don't give up dear...it just the research challenges for you....'susah2 dahulu..senang2 kemudian...'
credit for sis siti zaleha and k.a.m.k too to guide me in doing correction just now..they already gain the ethical approval last April......they said it's normal have to do some amendments to get the approval..wallahualam...
2 weeks ago